5/14/11

David....

Yeah, I know Boyle and Seto got assists on PATTY's goal, but I knew my post was getting L O N G and I didn't want to do a WHOLE game re cap at midnight, with blogger DOWN, so I just wrote about it being Patty's goal because of the whole redemption and quieting the critics aspect.  (And because he's my favorite player and I loved seeing him so happy).  But, David, you are right, Boyle did make a good, cross the ice pass to Seto.  But it just went through the defender's legs cuz he was skating, not because Boyle tried to actually think and go "hey, here comes my defender, bet if I shot it through his legs it will get to Seto".  And it was NOT "right to Setoguchi's stick".  Seto realllllly had to stretch and make an effort to get to it.  And if Seto's shot was so accurate and hard, it would have went in, Seto shot it right to the chest or the 5 hole, and it wasn't hard enough to go in until PATTY, standing RIGHT where he needed to be, tapped it in under tremendous pressure.  I read some other Patty Hater fan say that a dogs back could have put that goal in.  Yeah, but Patty was there, not a dog, not Jumbo, not anyone else, that takes some skill.  And if you go back and watch the play again, as Boyle had the puck Seto was on the left side further from Boyle, Patty was near him going up the right side....Patty was doing the "Sidney Crosby type of stick tapping motion" of saying pass it here.....he WANTED the puck!!!! 

I agree that the people who get the assists don't get enough credit in sports, and that goal scorers are sometimes just lucky recipients on the stat sheet.  And I will ALWAYS be one to say that it's a team win, not an individual.  And Patty's goal WOULD NOT have been the game winner if they Wings hadn't scored goal #2.  But Patty did score fair and square.  No denying that. 

1 comment:

  1. Just having fun with you. :)

    Marleau is great. Hope he has a great series vs. Vancouver. Go Sharks.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!