9/13/11

THEY WON

I am not sure if I will get any more photos from today's game, so here's the one from William's cell phone camera!  I don't care if it's FAR AWAY from the action, I LOVE it.

Melanee's team had their first home game today.  Up until today, they have lost all three of their regular season games.  They actually, up until today, haven't even scored a goal.  The team that they were playing, Randolph, had won all three of their previous games AND had never been scored upon this season.  So I knew it was going to be a tough game.

I didn't work in Andrew's class today so that I could come home and listen to the game.  I get off at about 12:50 and the game started at 1:00.  I live like 3 blocks from the school, so I thought about going to one of the fast food restaurants to get some lunch, so I didn't have to make anything, but I decided that I should go home to get things set up, you know get the computer loaded, find the ear phones, make sure I could get the web site up.  Lucky I did all that because.....the INTERNET was NOT working....it took until 1:03 to get it started....but right when it started, I heard the webcaster guy say, "Welcome" so I didn't miss ANYTHING.  But our internet is bad and it kept going on and off, VERY FRUSTRATING.  But it WAS on at about 5 minutes into the game when MELANEE SCORED A GOAL!!!!!!  The commentator didn't describe it very well and didn't even get tooooo excited, but I WAS EXCITED.  But for the rest of the first half the internet/game went on off on off on off......It was 1-0 at half time.  The second half was much better in terms of my internet....but SVU could not score another goal.  1-0 is pretty much the worst lead in soccer because the other team can score AT ANY TIME.  And Randolph DID, with less than 2 minutes left into the game.  College soccer goes into overtime if there is a tie.  They play 2- 10 minute overtime periods with "golden goal" meaning whoever scores WINS.  Randolph took possession of the ball in the first few seconds of overtime and the announcer guy made it sound like they were coming on STRONG with a lot of effort to score, but somehow, Melanee got the ball and I just heard the announcer say "Guymon beats the first defender.....and Sorenson with the goal...SVU wins!"  Melanee got the assist.  The announcer declared Melanee the "player of the game"....(In PRO soccer they call the player of the game the "man of the match" haha)....It was so fun and exciting to listen to.  (Except when Randolph scored.)  GO KNIGHTS!!!

1 comment:

  1. That is SOOOOOO exciting!!!! Wow Wow!!! I'm so glad you were able to hear that. Way to go Melanee!!!

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!