10/16/13

Grades

I like the parent connect feature schools now have so that parents can keep track of their kids grades online.  As of right now, Bradley is getting straight A's.  I don't have a screen shot of Andrew's grades but he is getting 4 A's and 2 B's right now.  I really like that Andrew's teacher grades completely by percentage....90-100 is an A, 80-89 is a B, 70-79 is a C....simple as that.  Last year, Andrew's teacher graded with 1, 2, 3, 4's and he just randomly gave the numbers out.  For example, Andrew is an excellent speller....almost always got 100% on his spelling tests and often times got most of the bonus words correct, too.  But in the "spelling" category on the report card, he would get a "3".  Andrew has known his multiplication tables since 3rd grade, knew them well in 4th, and perfected them all in 5th and still got a "3" in multiplications tables.  He's athletic, still got a "3" in PE.  So, he is doing much better in this fair way of grading in 6th grade.  And I love Bradley's grades!!!!!!!  If you know Bradley and his past struggles in school (lowest reading group, early morning math tutor, etc.), you'd never believe he could be a straight A student in 8th grade!  So proud of him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!