I guess I'm not that sociable....I have decided that I know a lot of people....but I dont have that many "friends". As I get older, I am just starting to realize what a "friend" really is.....just starting.....
I have a few. I used to want more....but, nah, the friends I have are great and family is way more important.
By having a non sociable life, there is less hurt and less time wasted....but also, more time to myself. Like tonight!!! I got off of work, did my errands, then watched the Penguins game (they won, Sidney Crosby scored), made dinner, then the Earthquakes game (they tied, but played well), then the Sharks game (they won, the whole team rocked). That is HOURS of time "wasted"...but I seriously enjoyed all of it.
Co workers are not "friends"....church people are not "friends"......neighbors are not "friends".....kids friend's moms are not "friends"...... they are people who we are stuck with in life, but just because I know them, doesnt mean they are my "friends"......learning that has been hard, but now that I know, I am going to not waste my time on them.
(Two different topics tied into one post, I know, and I'm not saying that the Sharks, Quakes, or Penguins are my "friends", just that they do bring me more happiness than most people I know!)
No comments:
Post a Comment
PLEASE leave comments!!!!!