6/26/09

#3

As you know, I love to watch soccer. As you probably already also know, Landon Donovan is my favorite player. (That is if you don't count my kids, when they are playing soccer!) Anyway, during the last USA game, I noticed that Landon wasn't the captain of the team.....there was another guy...this #3 character....where did he come from, who is HE, why does he get to be captain, he's not BETTER than the best player on the TEAM Donovan, so why is he the captain....oh maybe it's because he's older, yeah, maybe that's it....maybe the team gets to vote, and they picked a defender because they are in the back they can see more of the field (then why didn't they pick the goalie), maybe it's because in that game the captains of each team spoke to the crowd about discrimination or something, and the team thought #3 was a better public speaker....I seriously kept waiting for the announcers to tell us why this #3 was wearing the cool armband, not Landon. They never told us....so I did some research. #3 is the national team captian. His name is Carlos Bocanegra. He has been injured. I read articles about him, saw photos of him, and while watching the game I paid attention to his game, and guess what???? I think I have a new favorite soccer player! Yeah, that's right....Carlos is (well, I was going to say very cute, but Scott reads this, so that's out....but if you are interested, do a google image search---wwowwooowwzaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), so I cant say anything about his looks, but Carlos plays in Europe, so that alone proves that he is GOOD. haha. He has won lots of awards and honors, so that's pretty GOOD, too.........and um, he's, ok, I have to say it....he's cute! Well, looks don't matter, right? Nah, so I'll just blog that I have 2 favorite players on the US team, they are the best players on the team!

p.s. (Melanee would HATE Landon's cleats in this picture.)

1 comment:

  1. jessica laura scott6/30/09, 2:30 PM

    Bocanegra is awesome. trust me.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!