They lost today! I am still bummed (6 hours later)...I mean, I wanted to stay home from church to watch the game.....but I didn't....I went....and they still lost...I thought I had a deal with Heavenly Father, if I go to church, do what is right, sacrifice my wants for what is right, I will be blessed and my team will be blessed and everyone will be happy! I went. They were winning. I came home and there was still 9 minutes left in the game. (I don't want to point out here that I actually left Bradley and Andrew for Scott to bring home and I practically SPED home.) I took my seat on the couch. The score was 2-1, Sharks WINNING....and the Panthers scored....then scored AGAIN....then the game was OVER and they Sharks were not victorious! WHAT?!?!?! What about my plan, which used to work SO WELL when I was a Dallas Cowboys fan back in the early 90's....I'd go to church, they'd win. (Maybe they were just a good team....maybe the Sharks aren't....maybe it has NOTHING to do with my little sacrifices and blessing....OOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRR maybe I should have worn my Canadiens shirt under my dress!!!!!!) (William said that "I" was unlucky....because they were winning before "I" started watching.)
***I hope it rains on Tuesday, their next game, so that soccer practice can be canceled, and I can watch the game. (Hey Jessica, or someone equally smart ...is canceled spelled cancelled or canceled??? Spell check leaves both of them as correct.)

They are both actually accepted as correct spellings. I read about this once, but can't remember specifics. Cancelled is used by more people (especially in the UK), but canceled is more common in the US.
ReplyDeleteor maybe they lost because you made the boys drive home with dad...
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHA!!! I love your posts! Speaking of "sacrifice" was that your lesson yesterday too? How appropriate. It means different things for different people. Love you Diane, love your church schedule too!!
ReplyDelete