This is the week.
This is the dreaded week of tryouts for Andrew's junior high basketball team.
He has been training by himself the past three weeks. He has done pretty well the times I have taken him. I think he should do fine at tryouts. But, you never know. You never know who the competition is, if his shot will be on that day, if he will get hurt, if the coach will like him, etc....ANYTHING could happen. Well, one of three things will happen---- A team, B team, or no team. I hope he makes one of them. If he makes the A team, that would be SO COOL. The A team is "where it's at"...it's the team everyone wants to be on. If he makes the B team, he could be a star. The opponents of the B team are the smaller schools, from the small towns, and the weaker players of the big schools who are playing for their school's B team. So, if Andrew makes the B team, that would NOT be a bad thing. I know he wants the A team, though. The problem of only 10 kids make it and there are nearly 200 7th grade boys at his school, chances are improbable. It is actually, if you look at statistics, most likely that he wont make either team! That would be sad. I've had to deal with and comfort kids who have been cut from teams before and it's not easy or fun. William didnt make Chico Cal soccer when he tried out. He didnt make junior high basketball. He didnt make high school volleyball. Melanee didnt make Butte United the season after her freshman year. Melanee also did not make varsity volleyball. Life lessons, I guess. What doesnt kill you makes you stronger???? Trials are good???? I am not sure I can think of much good that comes from getting cut, but Michael Jordan didnt make his high school team and look at his career. There are lots of professional athlete, musicians, famous people everywhere who were cut down at one time or another. If Andrew doesnt make either team, one good thing I can think of that would be a plus is that if Bradley does make the high school soccer team, I'd be able to go to all of his games. If both kids make what they are trying out for, I'm SURE there will be LOTS of game time conflicts and I will be missing some games....and I NEVER miss games (if at all possible). I LOVE GAMES.
Bradley has a chance to try out for Freshman basketball this week. I am not sure if he will do it or not, but tryouts are a few weeks before soccer tryouts, so if he wanted, he could try out for both, then choose which one to play based on which one he makes, if he makes either.
Well, if you have time, keep the kids in your thoughts and prayers (is it ok to pray for sporting things?) this week (and the first week of Nov. for soccer tryouts for Bradley).
No comments:
Post a Comment
PLEASE leave comments!!!!!