7/12/11

Chipotle

We LOVE Chipotle.....it is SOOOOO tasty and filling and good.....hey, Michelle, we should go there next time...either that or Olive Garden for lunch right now is $6.95 for unlimited soup/salad. Anyway, Chipotle can be, I mean IS, expensive. But have you ever tried to shop for all the ingredients, then make them at home???? Yeah, I have...and I think it is actually MORE expensive to make them at home.
I had to buy the BIG tortillas. Cheese. Sour Cream. Lettuce. Chicken. Salsa. Rice, lime, cilantro. Black Beans. Then I had to get to work. Had to cut the lettuce, grate the cheese, cook then shred the chicken....make the rice, cut the cilantro small. It was a lot of work. The salsa wasn't HOT, so I had to buy William some hot sauce. The salsa tasted NOTHING like Chipotle salsa. The cheese was different. The black beans I bought looked red and were EWWWWW. The chicken was NOT anything like Chipotle chicken....the rice was NOT the same. The sour cream was even not runny and smooth like Chipotle.

SOOOOOOOOO, as you can probably guess....I spent a lot of money on ingredients and THEY DID NOT TASTE how we wanted them to!!!! In fact, both William and Bradley said that they felt ill after dinner...and at bed time last night I had the worst stomach ache....maybe it was from the orange juice I drank before bed (bad idea) or maybe the stress because I had just looked up our Discovercard account....but I think since William and Bradley also felt the belly ache, I think it was the phony Chipotle that did it!
If you are craving Chipotle, settle for NO substitute!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Chipotle!!! Although I do make black beans almost identical & I have the cilantro lime rice recipe on my blog. Still not worth the time.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!