6/22/12

Robbed AGAIN

Since we have lived in this house we have had a few things stolen....a welder, a laptop (and camera on the same day), a bike, a skateboard (that was taken at the skateboard park), William's stereo, and now, last night....my baseball equipment bag---WITH MY PURSE INSIDE, taken right out of our car. 

It hurts a lot to get robbed.  I have been crying.  It's the worst feeling. 

Also, it's such a hassle.  I've had to cancel all my credit cards and file a police report and fill out forms to get unauthorized charges canceled.  And since we have about 10 things automatically withdrawn each month, I have to change all those account, which is tedious.  I also have to get a new drivers licence, which costs money and takes a while to get in the mail, so I cant drive. 

All the baseball equipment they took was not mine....except the extra things I bought like my baseball glove, a bunch more balls, and Andrew's mitt.  (Luckily Andrew's special mitt, given to him by my dad, was not in the bag, it was laying on the back seat, whewww.) 

That was the FIRST time I put my purse in the bag.  I usually just leave it in the car when I go to practice, but I didn't want it to get stolen, so I put it in the bag.  All day yesterday and the whole night before that I had horrible stomach pains, a head ache, and nasty diarrhea.  I was sick and weak, but did not want to cancel practice after all the practice canceling fiascoes last week.  I figured I would just go to practice, bring all the stuff, and the assistant coaches could take over practice.  BUT, none of them showed up at practice.  I ran the kids through drills and even pitched an hours worth of batting practice....all the whole time seeing star and close to passing out.  I was so sick and aching that when we got home, I didn't bring in my purse.  I have had the bag in my car for weeks now, never thinking anyone would ever steal it.....guess I gotta be more aware of dishonest people!!!!  It's now happened to us WAY too many times and I am not happy!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry. My car was stolen a couple of months ago. Feeling stinks.

    Must be a sign of the times. With all the police departments getting their funds cut and all. We need to be more careful, I guess.

    I heard there are small GPS tracker devices that people are putting in the cars and things that they think might get stolen (airplane luggage, hand bags, etc). When it is stolen, they can call police and track it to exactly where it is.

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!