HI!!!! Thanks for commenting on my blog! (no one hardly EVER does). I didn't know how to write back to you so I thought I would make another post, call it by your name, and hopefully you would come back here sometime and see it.
If I would have known you would see and read my blog post about visiting with Melanee's Virginia friend I would have written MORE.
The other person in the first picture is Elder Bouchelle's companion, Elder Horning. Funny thing about him is that my dad's last name is Hooning. Close, similar names, but mail men should not get the two confused, should they??? Well, my dad's did one time and my dad was delivered a package for Michael Horning. It was my dad's address on the package AND my dad does have a nephew named Michael Hooning, so I guess he was wondering what was in it, coming to him, for his brother's son.....but when he saw what was in the package he KNEW it was NOT for him, it was a box full of Book of Mormons. He knew the missionaries lived across the street, so he brought it over to them.
After Melanee told my dad that she knew the new missionary who moved in there, he saw them one day and told him, or maybe it was the other way around, because I know that Melanee told you that her grandpa lived across the street. They just briefly talked the first time, but later, the missionaries brought my dad a piece of cake. He said, "no thanks, I'm diabetic (slightly)" but he kept it. It was german chocolate, cherry cake...his FAVORITE, and he ATE IT! He enjoyed it a lot.
Yesterday I stayed at my dad's house because he had carpal tunnel release surgery. I got the missionaries phone number from our missionaries and texted them that I knew they were busy because it was P-Day, but if they wanted to, they should come over and say "hi". They said they would. I met them at the door and chatted a bit, but my dad came to the door and said, "Come on in, you are letting out all my cool air". LOL. So they came in and we visited for a while with me doing MOST of the talking (because I have hearing loss and talk too much to compensate for having to listen and not being able to hear....I know HOW RUDE of me to talk so much!!!!!).
It was fun. Elder Bouchelle had on an SVU t shirt, so that was funny! It would have been WAY funnier if I had been wearing MINE!!! Elder Horning basically said nothing cuz we talked all about SVU. I wanted to know more about the school and the mens soccer team because William will be going there next semester and I had some questions.
Then today when Scott came to pick me up, I told him about meeting Elder Bouchelle and he asked a bunch of questions that I didn't ask, so I said, "do you want to meet him?" and he did. We were already in the car leaving, so I texted them, but they didn't answer so Scott pulled from my dad's driveway into their driveway and stopped the car and called them. Elder Bouchelle seemed happy to visit, but I bet he was mad we interrupted his scripture study!!!! He didn't act mad. One of the first things he noticed was the SVU sticker on my bumper! He had a great smile, I think I said that in the other post. While we were talking my dad came out and told me I forgot my tooth brush, so I'm glad we stopped! haha. I NEED my toothbrush!!!
We really love all the missionaries. They are so cool. Thanks to all of you who send your sons out. I KNOW it's going to be HARD for me to send William off on his mission!!!!
Thanks for all the details. That is amazing. And thank you for bringing a bit of home to our son. He LOVES soccer and SVU and could probably talk about both for hours. (And by the way- we are HUGE fans of Melanee. she is just a joy yo work with. I worked with her on the EC last year.) Oh......and I like Clint Dempsey. Yeah. Oh well. Here's the thing- he's not a glory hog like some others. He just sort of quietly, consistently does his job. Or tries to with some bad misses sometimes. :-) Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteInteresting read, a lot of personal details.
ReplyDeleteman with van in London