Remember a few years ago when I really wanted the Kings to draft Blake Griffin. Well, I didn't want to blog about this before it happened because I didn't want to jinx it like I did the Blake Griffin thing, but I REALLY wanted the Kings to draft Jimmer Fredette. Like REALLY wanted it to happen. I wanted to sit and watch the draft and see it happen, but I had to take Andrew to the cub scout day camp....sooooo, I left Bradley home with distinct instructions to text me each draft pick. He did it, too, and I am going to make a new post with his cute, original, but AWFUL spelling skills. When it came to the Kings pick, Bradley was confused by all the trades they had made earlier and he texted me that they DIDN'T take Jimmer. I was sad and mad and disappointed, until a few minutes later I got an actual phone call from Bradley telling me the good news....Jimmer is on the Kings! YAY! We have been following BYU basketball for two years now because one of Melanee's friends goes to BYU and she was a huge BYU sports fan. She updated us on all the games via Facebook. She was also in a class with ALL of the Basketball team, including Jimmer, so since I have a friend who is friends with Jimmer, that makes him my actual friend, right??? Or, just look at it this way, I follow him (and his girlfriend) on Twitter, so we are friends! ok!!!! Now MY friend is on MY team. And I couldn't be happier. College PLAYER of the YEAR is on my team. Like Weber, Stojokavic, Williams, Divac, Bibby, Martin and all my favorite Kings before him, I bet they will go an trade him....they BETTER NOT!!!!!
William's favorite King Beno got traded today for an ex King John Salmons. That really made William mad. And I am concerned about Jimmer fitting in with all the rappin, gangsta, boys from the hood that make up the Kings team right now, but I guess he can be friends with Omri! It's going to be a way better season! GO KINGS!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment
PLEASE leave comments!!!!!