6/23/11

Cisco

I found this on Answers.com, you know it's kind of run by Wikipedia, so everything there is true and trusted, yeah right-----

In 2007, Congress addressed this for the first time in 36 USC 301. This U.S. Code therefore created the first mandated national anthem etiquette.
When the national anthem is played or sung, U.S. citizens should stand straight and rigid and salute at the first note and hold the salute through the last note. The salute is directed to the flag, if displayed, otherwise to the singer.

So, there, those players representing OUR country, in uniforms paid for by our country, who have just flown in a plane paid for by our country, are staying in a fancy hotel paid for by our country, eating good food paid for by...you get the idea.....they are playing for the USA, not some MLS team, not some high school team, not some pick up game, so they should just COVER THEIR HEART, bend their elbow, lift their hand, it's NOT THAT difficult. 

I can see the guy from Sweden or Russian or even Canada playing for the Sharks in the US not covering his heart during that national anthem playing, but I just dont get players representing their country not showing any respect or care for their flag. 

Michael Bradley, hummmmm, I guess you could argue that he isn't even a starter on his club team.  And that he turned over the ball a few times and failed to shoot that one time, but I think he belongs on the team!  I think if the coach was someone different than his dad he still would have been selected.  He knows the game of soccer, he's athletic, and he's talented.  Who would you replace him with?  Dax McCarty???  Ben Zemanski???  Brian Mullan???  Brad Davis????  Yeah, there's not much to choose from. 

I guess you can't tell from my writing but I am JOKING when I say that Landon Donovan is the US's best player.  I agree with you, he has lost a step, he's on the down hill slope of his career, he is over hyped. 

Cisco, I love your 2 cents, you should comment all the time!  Thanks!!!  I promise not to go all Wikipedia next time if you do.

1 comment:

  1. You got Jimmered. Now we'll have to be Kings fans. Trish

    ReplyDelete

PLEASE leave comments!!!!!